• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Business Circuit

Business Circuit

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

If your business already has a website, how did you go about creating it?

Did you build it yourself using web design software or an online solution? Or did you hire a professional web designer?

What were your experiences?
Latest Articles | Visit us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | BizBritain

Have you booked your place for Expand Your Brand 2013 yet? Get you ticket now

Posted Image

#2 AccountingBasics

AccountingBasics

• Premium User
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

My first website was built using Site Build it. Over the years I have taught myself HTML and CSS and due to the costs we now use a template and complete all the coding ourselves. We now how 10 websites for various projects and books which we publish.
FREE Business Accounting Basics support for the small business - www.BusinesssAccountingBasics.co.uk

Posted Image

#3 AndyBiz

AndyBiz

• Premium User
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

I have built my own websites in the past, always just basic HTML though, nothing fancy!

I think if you only need something basic and you are reasonably good with a computer, it's perfectly possible to knock together something yourself...

#4 AdvertBike

AdvertBike

• 202 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

All of my websites are built from scratch using DreamWeaver and Fireworks - They look professional, but I keep them as basic as possible purely for SEO reasons. If you have an all singing and all dancing website with Flash images, personally I find it a nightmare for SEO.

Some of my images are purchased from Fotolia (and licenced to me), but most of the time and if at all possible I use my own pictures.

I think I have mentioned in other post, I have over 35 domains and the majority of these have websites attached to them. And they survive :thumbup: Some of them even suprise me with the amount of traffic they obtain.

There are plenty of free website templates our there, but the problem I find with these is simply they are not as flexible as I would like them to be - ie, you take a column out to fit your text in, then the whole site moves, along with the images :problem:

#5 JamesHobbs

JamesHobbs

• Premium User
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

I've built also websites myself before using dreamweaver. Again relatively basic stuff, but like AdvertBike says it's usually better for SEO that way!
Regards,

James Hobbs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Company Information

About us
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Contact us

Partner Links

Entrepreneur Connect
Talk Business Magazine