5 replies to this topic

#1 campingatthegames

campingatthegames

• Free User
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

Hi All,

Thought I would say hello from Campingninja, and introduce to you to an initiative we are driving called Camping At The Games. We are joining forces with community sports clubs n close proximity to all the major Olympic venues to provide temporary camping accommodation during the games next year, and so far we have received a fantastic response to the project from ticket holders and volunteers!

We are really keen to ensure that community sports clubs benefit from this opportunity, so that they are able to invest in their facilities and grass roots sport in the UK, therefore we need to promote this wherever we can! I imagine there will be a lot of businesses, such as tour operators and entertainment venues, that could capitalise on visitors during the games so we are keen to meet with you to discuss how we could work together on some cross promotion initiatives!

Let me know if this is of interest, or incidently if you happen to know of any sports clubs that may be keen to get on board with the scheme :thumbup: !

Katie

#2 Matt Gubba

Matt Gubba

Founder

• Administrator
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

Hi Katie,

Great to meet you - Welcome to The Business Circuit.

Matt

#3 AdvertBike

AdvertBike

• 202 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

Hi Katie,

Pleased to meet you and welcome.

I think we should have a discussion at some point regarding this initiative

#4 Lovat Barnes Gallery

Lovat Barnes Gallery

• Free User
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

Hello Katie, good luck with the idea, sounds a winner so far!

#5 campingatthegames

campingatthegames

• Free User
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

Thanks all for the warm hello!

Paul, currently we are planning on pursuing paid for advertising, however as the campaign gains momentum this could be something we consider, so thank you for the details.

Katie

#6 campingatthegames

campingatthegames

• Free User
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hi All,

Just to make you aware Camping At The Games has now announced it's first 3 sites - Blackheath RFC, Reading RFC and Wodson Park (Ware). If you are a business in these areas and you may be interested in discussing ways in which we could work together please get in touch.

Also spread the word to any family and friends who may be heading down for the games :)!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Company Information

About us
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Contact us

Partner Links

Entrepreneur Connect
Talk Business Magazine
BizBritain
Matt Gubba