• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Reg Atkinson

Reg Atkinson

• Free User
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

I have started using video on my web site and on You Tube. Some of the best comments I have had are from the one on my 'Contact page'. So I hope to add more quirky videos in the future. What experience have you had with video?

#2 JamesHobbs

JamesHobbs

• Premium User
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

I've long thought about doing some videos for my website, as i've heard lots of really good things from others that have tried it. Will definitely get some up soon and i'll let you know how i get on!
Regards,

James Hobbs

#3 Reg Atkinson

Reg Atkinson

• Free User
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

Hi James. I look forward to see how you get on. The ones I have got the best feed back from were done on my iphone.

#4 RichardMcCann

RichardMcCann

• Premium User
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

Hi Reg and James.

I happened across a site with customer/client videos maybe three or four years ago, and - after a lot of trouble and expense - introduced half a dozen short client videos on to my homepage. The results made all that effort and cost worthwhile, with average time per visitor up from 22 seconds to 10mins 12 seconds!

I then introduced an extra 'contact us' as a requirements box right beneath the videos and it produced work right away, and it goes on producing work.

Then I started using the videos in presentations and exhibitions, and putting links in emails. Now I even run them (via a YouTube link) from my iPhone and click on them spontaneously whenever I'm discussing smething relevant as i'm out and about. People (clients, prospects, media) LOVE them! So yes, do it!

Incidentally, while there are firms out there who are very good at making tip top corporate video, the fuss and the prices are tip top too. So a couple of years ago I used my contacts to set up a modest business making short inexpensive movies (we're talking hundreds not thousands!) and it's proving very popular, not just for product messages, lanches, exhibitions, websites and so on but also for news and e-shots. One client even used the movie in an email campaign to boost registration for a conference/expo, so it's only limited by the marketer's imagination.

If you search YouTube for FridaysVideonews you will see our channel with some examples. Or we have a site where you can play with preenter and newsroom selections. www.fridaysVideoNews.com Just a thought in case it helps...

#5 Reg Atkinson

Reg Atkinson

• Free User
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:40 PM

Brilliant Richard,

Lots of great information and tips for everyone to consider.

This proves it works and does not have to be expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Company Information

About us
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Contact us

Partner Links

Entrepreneur Connect
Talk Business Magazine
BizBritain
Matt Gubba