Photo

What products have a fit with the minimal approach for marketing mentioned below?

Startup marketing sales minimal approach

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TaffyWilliams

TaffyWilliams

• Free User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Today I published an article entitled: 'Build it and they will come' is not a business plan - Charlotte Small Business | Examiner.com http://exm.nr/OHsDhc

I recieved the following comment in on linkedin.

"I think this is not necessarily the case for all businesses. I would refer folks to The Startup Owner's Manual by Steve Blank and Bob Dorf which is a great reference book on starting up companies. They focus on product/market fit and developing minimal viable products that can quickly be tested and iterated based on market feedback. This allows ideas to be executed more quickly and key learnings to be gleaned that feedback into product enhancement. The key is identifying whether there's an existing problem in the market, the magnitude of that problem and whether your product is the solution the market covets. Very interesting and I think worthwhile approach to study. "

The notion of having products that require minimal planning, marketing, and selling seems to fit more with local products merchants have in stores. I have little experience suggesting that such planning and review for launching a product is successful.

I would be interested to learn about others experiences and whether a minimal approach works and the types of products the approach is best used for.

Any one have experience with this topic?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Startup, marketing, sales, minimal approach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Company Information

About us
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Contact us

Partner Links

Entrepreneur Connect
Talk Business Magazine
BizBritain
Matt Gubba