Photo

David Cameron's offer Student Loan or Start Up loan the new choices for 18-24 years olds in the UK.

student entrepreneur loans funds grants start up business development enterprise industry

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 UnitedByPhotography

UnitedByPhotography

• Free User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

David Cameron launches loan scheme for young entrepreneurs, as mention on Monday gone,
putting for the proposal that these loans will make it easier for young people with business ideas to realise their ambition, says prime minister

He wants young people to turn an idea "into the next global brand", with an £82m loan scheme for young people wanting to create a business is being launched by PM David Cameron.

It's interesting concept to lend your way out of an economy as the goverment seeks to offer two
options of loans either a student or start up. I hope they have the necessary financial and investment wherewithal to be able to get it back, plus the interest.

Two differing opinion are as below.

This could launch the next generation of entrepreneurs
http://www.thisisnot...tail/story.html

This StartUp loan scheme won't inspire young entrepreneurs
http://www.guardian....-up-loan-scheme

It would be good to know your thoughts on this one.
  • Maverick likes this

#2 Matt Gubba

Matt Gubba

Founder

• Administrator
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Personally i think this is great, and something that I back 100%.

This is definitely something that I would have taken advantage of If I was under 24 and starting a new business. Currently young people have access to finance for study, so why not business financing? In the current economy there are no more guarantees that getting a degree will even help you to win a job. So if you have a great idea, why not start a business instead?
  • Maverick likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: student, entrepreneur, loans, funds, grants, start up, business development, enterprise, industry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Company Information

About us
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Contact us

Partner Links

Entrepreneur Connect
Talk Business Magazine
BizBritain
Matt Gubba