Photo

Email Marketing - Do you use this ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AdvertBike

AdvertBike

• 202 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

Do you collect your customers email address and send them email newsletters ?

Or do you buy data in ?

Does this work for you ?

#2 AndyBiz

AndyBiz

• Premium User
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

Collecting customers email addresses is an excellent (and very cheap) way to win repeat business. Definitely worth doing. Its far easier to get more sales from existing customers than to find new ones. Not sure about buying email lists though...

#3 Matt Gubba

Matt Gubba

Founder

• Administrator
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

Do you collect your customers email address and send them email newsletters ?

Or do you buy data in ?

Does this work for you ?

I believe that you should always collect customer email addresses if you can. As Andy suggests, its a very cheap and effective way of getting repeat custom. Even if the emails you send just keep your name in the back of the customers mind.

I would advise against sending bulk mail to purchased lists though, as unless you are 100% certain that all the addresses were obtained legitimately you run the risk of receiving huge amounts of complaints to you ISP which can result in your email and domain being blacklisted. Some people get results, but i would be very careful.

Matt

#4 AdvertBike

AdvertBike

• 202 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

I used to use Constant Contact because they offered a free service if you had under a certain number if subscribers, I think it was 100 - However, looking at the site now, it looks like you can get a free trial, but at the end of the free trail, they charge.

However, I come across http://mailchimp.com/ yesterday, although I have not quite configured this, it looks like a great service with lots of flexability - And it is free up to quite a large number of subscribers :thumbup:

#5 Daniel Elkington IFA

Daniel Elkington IFA

• Free User
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:54 PM

I have a joomla site and have a CRM built in the backend which works well with this marketing.

I have considered buying data but it's hard to judge quality of something without any proof!

#6 Matt Gubba

Matt Gubba

Founder

• Administrator
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

However, I come across http://mailchimp.com/ yesterday, although I have not quite configured this, it looks like a great service with lots of flexability - And it is free up to quite a large number of subscribers :thumbup:

Mailchimp is a great service, in-fact it's what we use for The Business Circuit newsletter. You get around 12,000 emails per month for free and you can import your existing mailing list. It also gives you pretty great analytics. AWeber is also supposedly great but but not sure if they have a free version.

#7 Daniel Elkington IFA

Daniel Elkington IFA

• Free User
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:59 AM

There are plenty of mailshot style businesses that can help with email marketing.

You could go for a full marketing based CRM which would allow all client data to be sorted and filtered.

Has anyone had any good experiences of buying email lists?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Company Information

About us
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Contact us

Partner Links

Entrepreneur Connect
Talk Business Magazine
BizBritain
Matt Gubba