Photo

PPC Advertising - Do you use this ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AdvertBike

AdvertBike

• 202 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

Does anyone use PPC (Pay Per Click) Advertising on the search engines ? If so, does this work for your business and how do you find it ?

#2 Matt Gubba

Matt Gubba

Founder

• Administrator
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

I have used Google Adwords PPC for previous campaigns with other businesses, and there is potential to get great results from it. But you need to be VERY selective and targeted with your keywords; otherwise you will end up spending an absolute fortune for nothing. I really can't emphasise that point enough. Google PPC has become much more expensive over the last couple of years, and from my experience to gain a top 3 spot for a moderately competitive keyword you are looking at somewhere in the region of £2-3 per click.

I would also argue that using PPC is best suited for advertising a physical product that you are selling online. I say this because if you are advertising an offline service you need to have a reasonable budget to blow up front before you will see any return. If you are selling an item in an online store, then each click can potentially result in an instant credit card sale (which makes it a far more viable option in terms of cash-flow). With an offline service the best you can hope for is an enquiry which eventually leads to a sale later down the line.

Matt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Company Information

About us
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Contact us

Partner Links

Entrepreneur Connect
Talk Business Magazine
BizBritain